Skiggle is a platform that allows users to request specialist items in times of need, offer, sell and buy disability-related products at a variety of prices and locations.
Skiggle does not have possession of anything requested, listed or sold through Skiggle, and is not involved in the actual transaction between senders and recipients, or buyers and sellers. The contract for item exchanges is directly between buyer and seller.
While we may provide guidance in the movement of, or requesting of items, Skiggle has no control over and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items requested, or advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content, listings or feedback; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
In connection with using or accessing the Services you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems or policies;
- sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties;
- sell any NHS products;
- take receipt of any of free item(s) made available on the Skiggle platform and then sell them on for profit, on either Skiggle or a third party platform;
- falsely advertise a marketplace listing as an individual, when you are infact a business (individual, small or large). If you wish to advertise products as a business you will be charged a discretionary cost by the charity to be able to do so.
- upload any stock images to marketplace posts. All images must be photographs taken by you, the user, of your item(s);
- take receipt of any item(s) that are not relevant to you and/or your circumstance before seeking relevant professional advice;
- pay for any item(s) purchased by you, the user, using personal bank details. All transactions must be via Paypal (not Friends and Family);
- upload any stock images to Marketplace posts. All images must be photographs taken by you, the user, of your item(s).
- take receipt of any items that are not relevant to you and/or your circumstance before seeking relevant professional advice;
- pay for any items purchased by you using personal bank details. All transactions must be via PayPal (not Friends and Family).
- fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the item's description after you bid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot contact the seller;
- fail to deliver items sold by you, unless the buyer fails to comply with the terms posted in your listing, or you cannot contact the buyer;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- use the contact information of other users for any purpose other than in relation to a specific Skiggle transaction (which includes using this information to send marketing materials directly to Skiggle users unless the user has given explicit consent to receiving these materials);
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Skiggle, or the interests or property of Skiggle users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose;
- bypass our robot exclusion headers, interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, such as email addresses, without their consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
We may limit, suspend, or terminate your user account and access to our Services, restrict or prohibit access to, and your activities on, our Services, and take technical and legal steps to keep you from using our Services if:
- we think you are posting inappropriate SOS messages;
- we think that you are creating problems or possible legal liabilities;
- we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Skiggle community;
- we think that such restrictions will improve the wellbeing of the Skiggle community;
- we think that you are infringing the rights of third parties;
- we think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies and terms
- despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.
You (the user) accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under laws applying to you (the user) and the legality of any items you list, offer and/or take receipt of on Skiggle.